Friday, July 18, 2008

Mrs. P


I wanted to take a moment and formally thank my wife for driving SAG on the RAIN ride. It is a thankless job, and I know it was at times very challanging at times.

She even took the time to prepare little gift packs for everyone on the trip. She stayed up late the night before hand painting the gift bags, etc. Gave everyone a package of corn seed as a momento of their trip across Indiana, etc.

It's this kind of stuff that made me fall in love with her in the first place. I remember I was changing an alternator on my POS 1988 Ford Rustang when it dawned on me that she was there "helping" through the whole process. Not really interested in what was going on, just knew it was important and interesting to me and wanting to be a part of that.

Over the years between the many moves I have put her through, child rearing, etc. she no longer feels the need to hide her disinterest in all things mechanical, but taking the time to jump in for SAG support achieved the same effect.

Thanks babe.
(BTW - the foggyness of the picture isn't because the camera was in the car in the a/c and outside was extremely hot and muggy....it's because my wife is so hot she steamed up the lens)

Also...thanks little p. Just for being a good sport I am posting this picture of you for the world to see....

Check out the quads. He'll be a sprinter for sure.

1 comment:

Arron said...

i agree. she rocked. sign her up for next year.

and would it not be more formal to thank her in person, face to face, with flowers and diner?

im not saying. im just saying.

later.