Thursday, July 17, 2008

I don't run.

...but today I ran a 5k during lunch. I sometimes run on days when I can't really get out and ride.
I kind of felt like I had pent up energy from yesterday's races. The efforts yesterday were high, but relatively short compared to what I am used to. I even went on a trail ride hauling the trailer with little p last night. That was mainly to get little p outside, but burning extra energy helped.
So I decide to run today. I was feeling spunky so after a few minutes of walking I turned on the ipod - Green Day. I love Green Day. I took off.
I ran faster than I normally do for a few minutes. Then I settled into a nice pace. I really don't like running, but I believe you get a better health benefit from a shorter duration than you do from cycling. If you want to get lean and mean you just can't get around doing some running.
I used the moment as an opportunity to push myself mentally - work through pain.
Pretty soon I noticed I was on track to do some good time (for me). I finished in 26:54. I don't know how that stands up, but for me...a guy who just doesn't run, and can list the number of times I have run over 2 miles at a time on one hand...I don't think that's bad.

1 comment:

Arron said...

you went running. nice. later.