Friday, July 4, 2008

I feeling a little...flat

I was climbing the walls yesterday. The "Vacation" has been dragging a bit and it was time for a change. We promised not to ride so we went and did something as a family....then when we got back....I went on a ride.


Part of the bargain was that I had to be out and back in an hour. I decided to push myself by making the flatness entetaining...by doing intervals. 2 minute on 1 minute off. It really made the mileage go by.


Everything was going well - well over 20mph during the on. Then...the inevitable happened. Just as I was hammering home I started to feel the rear tire getting soft.


Flat.


Boo.


First one in a few years. Fished out a piece of glass on the side of the road. Luckily I was able to find a tiny bit of shade. It was hot out...like the devil had a hard time keeping his car from melting kind of hot.


I got dehydrated - even in just an hour. It is brutal down here.


Moustache check:


No comments: