Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ramblings

Psimet invitational time people. I am looking for boobie prize ideas....clean ones at least.

Converted my rig back to a road setup from the TT setup for the gourp ride last night. This time it included swapping cranks and chain as well. I am down to 1 hr for the swap. I told you...I'm Batman.

Trying to convert my Cyclocross bike from it's commuting configuration. If you're not familiar with the sport of Cyclocross let me explain it this way: It's when a bunch of cyclists decide that because it's winter they need to do something different...so they go for a run in the woods...but just can't leave their bikes at home. Seems we're not too bright when it comes to this whole running thing...

As mentioned I use the cross bike as my commuter normally. I have never raced it to date. I will be racing it shortly and figure I need to work out how to dismount and run with it, etc. That means pulling off the rack and fenders, etc....means that commutes will be very difficult at best. Considering the light is bad and my main commuting route looks like this....

I am not too worried about it not having my bike in commute mode...

4 comments:

CyLowe said...

Cycling and running? Dude, you are one activity short of the tri. I predict you will compete in a half IronMan by end of year 2010.

Shudder to think of Psimet blogging about how to get through the transition area and "Where are my running shoes???? I'm, losing valuable time here, people!!!!! GAAAAHHHHHHH"

;-)

Psimet said...

I only run...WITH my bike...;)

L*I*S*A said...

I agree..you are close to the triathlon. Give it a go. Two events checked off the list. Just time to go for a dip.

Arron said...

he will be hunted down, tortured, and severly injured within 5 minutes of stating interest in "tri'ing" any such thing. it is BFNIC LAW. later.