Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ugh.

I am slammed. Sorry for not updateing stuff ( I am talking to you...the 3 people who read this) lately. For those that don't know I have been running a custom wheelbuilding business on the side for a while and it's taken off like crazy.

Right now the basement is full of carbon rims I imported. Can't believe I had the balls to do it, but losing my job this spring changed my persepctive a bit. I am good at this stuff. Really good. Time to embrace it and take some risks.

I can now lace a wheel blindfolded.

Racing....I suck. I bet you've heard that before. Right now I kind of don't care. I am not getting totally dropped and slaughtered, I still pull some good rides/races/moves from time to time, and I get to race against a butt-ton of awesome people. So my results suck but I am having an absolute blast.

That said, I am ready for cross I think. There are some TT's coming up that I want to destroy myself on (it's been too long since I've puked on a bike I guess). I figure that will be awesome training for cross.

I got paid at the Chicago Crit if I didn't mention it before. That's a first for me. Wanna know something? Racing is a helluva lot easier when you are doing it near the front. Duh.

The National Criterium Championships are this weekend. I am racing. 35+ 4/5. Thank God I am old enough to race it. All the fast guys I know are too young to do it. BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!. Now if it rains and someone levels the hill and they get rid of the payouts....maybe I might place well.

....anyone need a rim?

1 comment:

R Smith said...

Glad to see you're having success with the home business. Busy is good.

--Quijibo187